2017 Legislative Session
LeadingAge Washington encourages its members to get involved in Olympia and Washington DC. Your work as advocates is crucial to motivating legislators and other policymakers. Here are some helpful links to navigating our state and national capitol.
- Agendas, Schedules and Calendars Link
- What’s Happening on the Floor Dailly update Link
- Cutoff Calendar Link
- Bill Information (Tracking) Link
- How to comment on a bill Link
- Find Your Legislator Link
- House Committee Assignments Link
- Senate Committee Assignments Link
- Legislative Agencies Link
- TVW – Washington State Public Affairs Network Live Video
How to Host Your Legislators Link Hosting your federal legislators gives them the chance to meet their elder constituent’s and learn more about your organizations work for older adults. It also gives you the opportunity to become a “go-to” community for policy makers when it comes to issues related to aging services.
- Contact Congress – Tell the new Congress to prioritize America’s seniors and to those who serve them! Link
- Seniors Action Network (SAN) is a grassroots movement organized to give America’s seniors a greater voice in public policy. The network recruits, educates, and trains advocates to take leadership in the formation of public policy by direct outreach to decision makers. LINK
- Legislation – LeadingAge articles, analyses and general information about legislation and laws that relate to aging and the services that LeadingAge members offer. Link
During the legislative session, LeadingAge Washington will highlight important issues through our weekly announcement “This Week in Olympia” TWIO, and, when asked, we encourage you to visit our TAKE ACTION page to learn more about what you can to do influence policy making.
Questions? Contact Us!
Deborah A. Murphy, Chief Executive Officer, dmurphy@LeadingAgeWa.org
Phone: 253- 964-8870 * www.LeadingAgeWA.org
Last updated February 4th