Assisted Living Administrator Certificate
Take your management skills to new levels with this online training program to prepare you for work as an Assisted Living Administrator.
62.5 credits. Certificate for each section (5) is 12.5 hours.
This Introductory program is a comprehensive 62.5 credit certification and training program. It covers the basic roles and responsibilities of an AL Administrator, and is intended for new AL administrators, or individuals considering becoming AL administrators.
Once this course is completed, participants are prepared to take the DSHS online exam and will receive their assisted living administrator training certificate.
This comprehensive certification and training program consists of 5 courses (12.5 hours each) – addressing specific subject areas:
- Domain 1: Client / Residential Services Management
- Domain 2: Human Resources Management
- Domain 3: Leadership and Governance
- Domain 4: Physical Environment
- Domain 5: Financial Management
- The purpose of the Assisted Living Administrator Certificate Program is:
- It covers the basic roles and responsibilities of an AL Administrator, and is intended for new AL administrators, or individuals considering becoming AL administrators.
- To recognize that the conventional management of a nursing home or hospital is very different from the management of assisted living communities, and therefore, those methods of management are unlikely to produce the appropriate services necessary in the assisted living environment.
- To challenge the administrators of assisted living communities to take the basic management skills they have learned and adapt them to the assisted living field.
- To look for innovative methods and management models that will increase staff efficiency, contain costs, improve the quality of services, exceed both state and local regulations, and most of all, serve the assisted living resident.
This educational offering is recommended by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) as a preparatory course for the RCAL Exam.
About the Instructor: Christian Mason has extensive experience in operations for Assisted Living Facilities and many other types of Long Term Care Facilities. Prior to starting VIGILAN, Chris served as Chief Operating Officer of Sun Retirement Corporation. Chris is a founding member of the Oregon Assisted Living Facilities Association, served on the faculty of the first national training program for Assisted Living, developed the first national licensing exam, and served as editor of the first national preparatory course for assisted living. Chris is nationally certified in Assisted Living and Nursing Home Management. Chris received his MBA from Whittemore School of Business and Economics, University of New Hampshire.
- This online course can be purchased at: Assisted Living Administrator Certificate Course $455.00
Last updated October 6, 2016