LeadingAge Washington’s Group Retrospective Rating Program (Retro), formed in 1983, provides opportunities for significant savings and rebates on your organization’s labor and industries insurance premiums, in addition to effective, proven risk management strategies in the areas of worker safety and back-to-work programs. Dept. of L & I Fact Sheet
The benefits of participating in this program:
PREMIUM REFUNDS – Receive rebates on premiums you pay to the Department of Labor and Industries. Once again, the LeadingAge Washington Retro program rated first in the category of $5 million or more in annual premium. This is the first time, however, that LeadingAge has won in the $5M premium category for each of the three consecutive years in a look-back period. Congratulations goes to the Group Retro Members and Comprehensive Risk Management (CRM), our third party program administrator.
Retro is an optional financial incentive program offered by the state’s Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) to help qualifying employers reduce their industrial insurance (Workers’ Compensation) costs. By spreading risk among the group, employers may become eligible for refunds of premiums paid, with the potential for greater returns based on the group’s performance as a whole.
Effective Workers’ Comp claims management is a key to the Retro program’s success. CRM works closely with participants to ensure claims are properly processed and settled in a fair and timely manner. Employers receive personalized training for their management staff, transitional and light-duty job descriptions, a full handbook on claims management and filing procedures as well as an annual safety audit.
CCRC – Bayview with .28
Nursing – Kin On Health Care Center with .07
Assisted Living – Everett Heritage Court with .05
Housing – Meadows Green with .05
EMPLOYEE SAFETY – Group Retro is focused on preventing injuries and minimizing time-loss. LeadingAge Washington’s Group Retro administrator Comprehensive Risk Management (CRM) provides on-site loss prevention consultation and monthly seminars on loss prevention management CRM Online Claim Filing Tool Are You Using it Yet
Group Retro – Risk Management Quarterly Newsletter
- July 2017
- ShareFile All your data and documents in one place
- Cute Shoe Syndrome
- CRM Online Claim Filing Tool Are You Using it Yet
- April 2017
- The Right Tools Make the Job Easier
- L&I Makes Actuarial Changes to Retrospective Rating Program
- I Think, Therefore I Am
- Eye Washing Stations
- Reporting Fatalities and Hospitalizations
- Stay at Work
- Exciting Ways to Use the Job Analysis Bank
- PROFESSIONAL CLAIMS MANAGEMENT – CRM works directly with the Department of Labor and Industries to process claims in a fair and timely manner. They work with you, the injured employee, doctors, and the State to validate and manage claims to appropriate and cost effective resolutions. Are you taking advantage of CRMs “New” On-Line Claims Form – see details Presentation
- LEGAL COUNSEL – CRM offers in-house legal counsel to act on your behalf should the need arise.
- JOB ANALYSIS BANK – Receive a free copy of the LeadingAge Washington Job Analysis Bank containing 27 job descriptions including a detailed analysis of physical demands which have been approved by L&I. It’s an invaluable resource for implementing an early-return-to-work program and for writing job descriptions specific to long term care and senior housing. Job Analysis Bank Handbook 2016.
Four Part Group Retro Webinar series with handouts!
Retro Update – Part 1 Financial Nuts and Bolts of Retro Handouts
Retro Update – Part 2 Retro 101- Claims Management and Litigation Handouts
Retro Update – Part 3 Safety First – The Best Claim is the One that Didn’t Happen Handouts
Retro Update – Part 4 Don’t Hire Your Claims Handouts
- EQUIPMENT REBATES – Receive assistance with purchases of safety equipment and products, from lifts, to transfer belts, to no-slip footwear. REBATE FORM
- SAVINGS – Every dollar you save in workers comp premiums is a dollar you can invest in services for your residents and benefits for your employees.
For more information, please contact Angie at LeadingAge by email ANapier@LeadingAgeWa.org
last updated: June 8th